Learn How to Migrate Eudora to Thunderbird Account Directly With Attachments
As we all know that Eudora email application was closed for all users in 2013 after which users of Eudora email client had to shift their data to another platform. But here the big problem was that those who were users of Eudora email clients, they liked to use Eudora email application only. Now they needed another email application similar to Eudora, so most users preferred Thunderbird because Thunderbird’s email application was exactly like Eudora’s email application.
Now it has been decided which email application to import data but the biggest problem is that Eudora email client supports .mbx format and Thunderbird supports .mbox format. That’s why today we have come up with this article because a lot of user query was coming that how to migrate Eudora to Thunderbird. In this article today, you will know what are the possible ways to import Eudora email to Thunderbird and what are their features and disadvantages. Let’s start the article.
Why Does User Need to Export Eudora Mail to Thunderbird Account?
Both Thunderbird and Eudora are very successful email platforms and both are very popular among email client users. But both email clients have some technical reasons which make Thunderbird email clients different and due to this, the user needs to migrate Eudora to Thunderbird. We have analyzed some of them which are very important reasons.
- Due to Thunderbird’s relatively new, it includes a few more features than Eudora.
- Many people use Thunderbird because it is simple to use, free to use, and open-source. It also supports a large number of add-ons.
- When companies switch to another and have to start using Thunderbird, this is one of the most frequent reasons they migrate their Eudora email into Thunderbird.
How to Import Eudora Mailboxes into Thunderbird Account?
There are two solutions available to migrate Eudora to Thunderbird, with the help of which you can very easily import Eudora’s complete mailbox data to Thunderbird. The first method is manual, in which you will be able to complete this conversion without spending a single rupee, but it has some limitations, which we will discuss below. And the second solution is automatic software which is more advanced and easier to use. Let us now discuss how to use both solutions.
#1: Convert Eudora Mailbox to Thunderbird Account Using ImportExportTool NG
Before using this method, you should know that the Eudora email client used to save its data on the desired path, if you do not know, then we have mentioned the details of that path below, you can check there.
- The Menu button is located in the top right corner of the screen when you open the Thunderbird application on your computer, choose the Menu option.
- Toggle to Add-ons.
- Find the Import/Export add-on in the Add-ons Manager because import emails from Eudora to Thunderbird “Import/Export add-on” is needed. Click Add to Thunderbird after selecting Import/Export Tools NG.
- A pop-up notice requesting that Import/Export Tools NG be added to Thunderbird will appear. To add, click the Add button, and then restart the application to save the changes.
- Now navigate to the Thunderbird mailbox pane, where the Local Folders hierarchy will be located. Click here on the Import/Export Tools NG option, followed by Import MBOX File option.
- Before clicking OK, choose Import directly one or more MBOX files in the active window.
- Click Browse in the window, find the Eudora source database file, select it to continue, and then click Open.
- You may now check the content of the imported file on the Thunderbird mailbox window when the operation is finished.
#2: Migrate Eudora to Thunderbird Account Using Professional Solution
The best method to migrate Eudora to Thunderbird is the professional solution because you do not need to do anything yourself, this software does everything automatically and the name of this professional solution is Eudora Converter Software. This software is able to import your Eudora mailbox with attachments and email components directly to Thunderbird. It is very easy to use this Eudora to Thunderbird converter software because its graphical interface is designed keeping in mind the non-technical user so that no user should face any problem while using this software.
How to Use Eudora to Thunderbird Migration Tool?
- Download this Eudora to Thunderbird Migration Tool and then install and open this software on Windows OS
- After that, Select the Auto-configure option for auto-uploading the Eudora mailbox data
- Thereafter, choose the Eudora email folder as per your need and then hit the Next button
- Choose the Thunderbird as a saving option and then browse the thunderbird profile location path, finally click the Next button
- Now, you can see the live migration process of Eudora to Thunderbird, and then the Thunderbird profile will open automatically.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Manual & Automatic Method
- In the manual solution, you have to find the data of the Eudora mailbox yourself, rather this software auto-configures your data.
- Manual solution is a very time-consuming and long process and this automatic software is a very short process and it takes a few seconds to use.
- There is no need for any technical knowledge in using Eudora to Thunderbird Converter instead if you use the manual method then you need to have technical knowledge.
- If you use the manual method, then you may also suffer from data loss, but there is no such problem with the Professional solution. This software can import all your data like email, contacts, calendar, attachments, etc. into Thunderbird without any loss.
In this article, you learned how to migrate Eudora to Thunderbird accounts with attachments. To import Eudora mailboxes to Thunderbird, we have told you about two solutions, out of which the first solution is manual and the second is automatic. If you ask which of these two methods is the best, then we will say automatic software because this software is easy to use and there is no possibility of any data loss in it. That’s why experts also recommend using Eudora to Thunderbird migration software.
Next Read: How to Migrate Eudora to Outlook Account?